M&A is a core enabler of the growth strategy for IQ-EQ. Working closely with the Group Corporate Development Leader and Director, Group Corporate Development you will help assist with the management of M&A execution and the development of the M&A pipeline.
You will also support the Group Chairman and Group Corporate Development Leader with the review of potential opportunities.
This position will suit an energetic self-starter, with experience gained in an investment banking, big 4, strategy consulting or corporate environment who is able to work independently and with a high degree of autonomy. Interacting at the most senior levels within the firm the individual will be expected to quickly apprise him/herself with the strategic objectives of the Group.
The role will require:
- Good knowledge of key financial markets and global economic trends, most likely obtained from a Big 4, Financial Services or Strategy Consulting background.
- The ability to assess smaller bolt-on acquisitions, identified by the Group Chairman and Group Corporate Development Leader.
- Frequent interaction with all major disciplines across the firm including: Group Segment Leaders, Cluster Managing Directors, Operations, Finance, Legal, Risk & Compliance, IT, HR etc.
- Under supervision of the Group Corporate Development Leader
- Project manage smaller live deals
- Assist in maintaining the project pipeline effectively
- Review new opportunities
The role will require some overseas travel. The individual will need to possess high levels of energy, be an excellent communicator and possess excellent attention to detail.
Key role attributes and responsibilities:
- Ability to appreciate a diverse product and service offering in all key markets, and quickly appraise the competitor landscape and positioning
- Sector and company research
- Ability to contribute commercial input on IQ-EQ strategy covering the M&A competitive landscape
- Detailed financial modelling and deal valuation skills, with an ability to present complex financial information in a concise, clear and easy to understand manner
- Leading the project management of due diligence, deal structuring and collaborating on post-close activities