The Group RFP/Bid team champions the Group’s ambitions for organic growth by providing a formal framework to support our people with significant growth opportunities from existing clients and prospects through the bid and proposal development life cycles.
The RFP/Bid Manager supports the Group RFP Support Lead in managing bid responses across our global network, segments and services to deliver quality submissions for enquiries that meet the criteria set for the Group RFP team to support.
The Bid Manager is significantly involved in the RFP process from capture through to bid phases. After bid submission, the Bid Manager remains involved through the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requires strong people management and commercial skills.
- Manage the end-to-end bid process.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders.
- Work with colleagues to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation.
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Liaising with colleagues across departments and tine zones to deliver a winning submission.
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Co-ordinate and plan all client presentations required as part of the bid submission.
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
- Excellent written English language skills and ability to write quality winning submissions and answers.
- Ability to manage multiple stake holders.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Excellent time management / prioritisation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of skill and experience in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and respond quickly to change.
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and find solutions with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.