Tasks (what to expect on a day-to-day basis):
- Maintain the group wide area and local area networks: monitoring, patching, capacity management, etc
- Perform ongoing assessments, audits, health checks of network performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Maintain, install, upgrade, integrate and consolidate the existing network devices and circuits
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of network performance, security and availability
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation
- Monitor security and system events and take appropriate action in case of incident including taking part in the off-hours monitoring rotation of the environment
- Provide expertise and guidance in the areas related to network technologies to colleagues
- Identify which latest trends and technologies might have fit with our environment and its requirements.
- Provide 3rd / 4th level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- (May be required to) manage or supervise the work of other network engineer(s)
Do you possess the following?
- Up to 5 years spent as a Network Engineer in the operational management and evolution of an IT infrastructure in a mission critical environment with 24/7/365 availability requirements
- Expertise in Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Mekari/FortiGate and Juniper expertise is an advantage
- Expertise in general networking and security technologies and protocols
- Experience of implementation, configuration and management of an SD-WAN
- Experience of network design: documentation and capacity planning
- Experience of working in an ITIL based service delivery environment