Demonstrate the IQ-EQ Group Brand Values at all times, delivering an excellent HR service to the UK&I cluster. Within this role you will act as the first port of call to employees for all HR related queries ensuring the needs of our people are being meet.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local Managers and employees.
- Manage Relationships with other Key Stakeholders including Group HR and other HR hubs
- Provide a first point of contact for our front-line service with regards to all HR administration queries, providing accurate and timely responses
- Manage the administrative requirements for the on-boarding of new starters and the off-boarding of leavers
- Organise and maintain Employee files
- Ensure all HR processing is completed in an accurate and timely fashion, meeting all necessary deadlines
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics such as absence, LTO
- Support the development of employees through effective coaching, providing support and guidance as necessary.
- Provide HR systems training when necessary for new joiners
- Provide support to the HR Business Partner with the implementation of HR solutions locally
- Liaise with Group Reward and Group Finance on all Payroll and Reward matters such as collation and co-ordination of monthly payroll instructions for new starters, leavers, tax code changes, benefit scheme renewals and personal changes
- Manage changes within the HR database in a timely manner following relevant procedures
- Implementing recruitment activities to ensure that IQ-EQ recruit the best individuals
- Delivering a professional HR generalist service to the UK&I cluster, contributing to business success