To ensure that your team services your clients as effectively as possible by making sure that staff are adequately trained and understand their roles and responsibilities. Provide support to your team to ensure deliverables are met and clients are happy with the service provided.
Be a point of escalation for clients and staff within your team. Responsible for motivating your team and helping to plan career paths for team members.
To continually look for ways to improve the team’s processes and support initiatives to help move the department forwards.
Improve the department’s processes to ensure the department is continually moving forward.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of relationship with designated client portfolio
- Ensuring that work is appropriately allocated across your Client Services Team both to meet client deadlines and provide development opportunities for individuals within the team
- Ensuring that your team members receive constructive support and are trained adequately to carry out their role effectively
- Assist and resolve technical and operational issues raised by the Client Services Accountant
- Assist in review of designated client accounts and for other teams as required
- Oversight of all fees billed to ensure they are raised accurately and to ensure these are collected swiftly by Accountants
- Assist on project work as required.
- Assist on new business take on, attending initial meetings as required and contributing to fee quotes and SLA completion
- Actively identify ways of improving the efficiency and minimising the risk to the company
- To be a role model to all Client Service staff
Tasks / Duties:
- Manage team (in particular Client Service Accountants) to provide a quality service to the Team’s clients
- Ensure Accountants are managing work and resources to hit deadlines as per quarter end timetables. Ensure internal procedures on reviews are followed
- Ensure all reviews completed by your team are completed to acceptable company standards
- To be the first point of escalation for client issues and to ensure these are effectively managed through to resolution.
- Ensure direct reports are managing work and resources to hit deadlines as per quarter end timetables
- Ensure SLAs are developed, implemented and agreed with clients
- Have oversight of the audit process and tax reporting process, ensuring that both are completed smoothly for designated clients
- Understand fund lifecycle including carried interest models.
- Ensure Accountants are maintaining regular contact with clients through regular phone calls and emails
Management of Team
- Responsible for managing 10-15 staffs
- Delegate appropriate levels of work to ensure staff are fully utilised
- Ensure that Team is working at 100% capacity, reviewing team’s work allocation for areas of spare capacity
- Plan workloads and utilise support team / additional resources where necessary to ensure deadlines are achieved
- To be the first point of escalation for all technical queries raised by team Accountants
- Developing Accountants’ technical skills to ensure they have a clear understanding of all technical aspects of their clients
- Ensure Accountants are training their staff in all technical and operational client areas
- Develop Accountants’ ability to evaluate their team for areas of improvement (productivity and risk control) and spare capacity
- Manage team holiday approval (in consultation with CS Accountant where applicable)
- Prepare quarterly report detailing progress of team for board report
- Conduct appraisals, agree Personal Development Plans and set objectives of direct reports in agreed timescales. To ensure this is also met for all team members
- Actively participate in the succession planning process with Associate Director
- Proactively identifying areas of departmental improvement and escalating to line manager suggesting appropriate courses of action
- To understand the strategic direction of the department and implementation of associated plans and projects
- Plan for continuity, ensuring that the department has strength in depth to cover for any absence of staff
- Ensure Invoice cycle (including authorization and collection) is efficient and completed within agreed timeframes
- To actively look for additional value added services and additional revenue opportunities for the company
- Mebill completed accurately and daily, responsible for checking that direct reports are also completing Mebill for all hours worked and recording ahoc time for billing purposes
- Monitor overdue debtors and follow-up any outstanding invoices outside of the agreed payment terms.
- Understand and use best practice on Investran, Reporting Services, understand Active Templates and data structure
- Ensure team members using ART appropriately to produce accounts
- Contribute to developing Investran Standard Reports and other systems to improve efficiency and reduce manual reporting
- Agree personal development plan with line manager including dates of review and act upon accordingly
- Review operational processes for areas of improvement and inefficiency. Escalating such areas and suggesting remedial measures
- Ensuring all checklists and procedures are followed at all times
- Ensuring client checklists are appropriately tailored for client specific risks
- Report any breaches, complaints or errors to Line Manager and Compliance officer promptly. Ensure compliance report is updated on a timely basis
- Ensure action points from Internal Audit and error reports are completed by required deadlines
- To ensure a strong culture exists within the team to correctly follow all procedures and checklists
- Resolve client issues swiftly and effectively to minimize financial or reputational risk to the company