Blue River Partners LLC is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. Blue River works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing, and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
We currently have a position open in our Tax Department in our New York office. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a firm that experienced significant growth.
Tax Director Position Summary:
Our Tax Director is responsible for leading the client service delivery for our tax service offering, prospecting and participating in business development, attracting, retaining and building a high performing team and facilitating the continued growth of the firm. We are seeking an experienced Tax Director with a strong knowledge of compliance and fund structuring for the alternative asset industry. Responsibilities include providing exceptional customer service, tax compliance services, tax planning services, fund formation consulting and assist with building out the tax service offering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Be an active participant in our tax service offering including planning, executing and delivering on compliance and consulting engagements
· Establish processes and procedures to deliver the highest quality work product to the firm’s clients while maintaining the firm’s margins on professional service offerings
· Facilitate timely communication with clients managing expectations, ensuring satisfaction while meeting or exceeding deadlines
· Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as an advisor to client
· Attract, lead, train and develop team members
· Build strong relationships with colleagues within Blue River to facilitate white glove client service approach across department disciplines
· Review and sign US tax returns for required jurisdictions
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA, Masters in Taxation
· Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service
· A minimum of eight years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of experience at an alternative asset investment firm and public accounting experience, ideally with Private Equity experience.
· Analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns
· Experience with managing, leading and training team members