To primarily provide legal support to IQ EQ APAC region and additional support to the global business as may be required from time to time.
The legal department is responsible for drafting and negotiating all client and supplier managing relationships with all external legal service providers and providing legal advice on a variety of ad hoc projects.
The role involves a number of activities that require drafting of legal documents and negotiation on general contracts, where required.
Functional areas and responsibilities:
Agreements and contracts
- Drafting of legal agreements with clients and third parties;
- Drafting and/ or review of legal agreements between IQ EQ Group and external service providers;
- Logging, scanning and tracking of all legal agreement both internally (with Sales and Client Services teams) and externally (with clients) including confidentiality agreements, fee proposals, fund administration agreements, company secretarial agreements, corporate services agreements, delegation agreements, services agreements, amendment agreements, addenda and side letters;
- Updating and maintaining legal templates;
- Maintaining client legal files;
- General legal administration.
Other legal issues
- Providing all legal assistance and support for any ad hoc legal issues that arise
- Providing legal assistance and support in relation to litigation matters;
- Drafting ad hoc documents and letters;
- Conducting legal research where required;
- Providing assistance in the creation and updating of internal procedure documents where required;
- Supporting any other reasonable business request or duties as required;
- Providing assistance in managing external legal counsel as and when required;
- Drafting monthly and quarterly board reports as required;
- Update and maintain the legal log of active matters within the team and status reports.