The Finance Business Partner will coordinate between Group Finance and the Manila Leadership. The Finance Business Partner will be the first point of contact for all financial matters in the Philippines. They will act as a business partner to the wider Philippines business, including management of the annual budgeting process, production and presentation of high-quality monthly management information and analysis to aid the development and growth of the business. They will be supported in this by the Philippines Financial Reporting Accountant and Financial Operations Team but are expected to be immersed in the detail.
Ensure good working relationship with various internal and external stakeholders (internal clients and group offices, auditors, bankers etc), including the Group Finance function; the Company’s auditor.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Issue timely and accurate Management Information to all stakeholders including detailed and meaningful variance analysis against comparative and budgets;
- Recommend and monitor benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations;
- Provide ad-hoc financial analyses, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations;
- Review Financial Statements, Sales Tax/ VAT/ Corporation Tax Returns / local PH PEZA requirements and all other external returns and filings produced by the in-house finance team, alongside ensuring all relevant reporting requirements and tax filings are complied with. Responsible for then ensuring filings are made with the relevant authorities;
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Lead the preparation and implementation of –
- the annual budgeting exercise for the Philippines;
- cost centre reporting;
- Review and/or provide inputs to the design of the rolling forecasts that will eventually be produced and presented on a monthly basis;
- Enhancing automation through leveraging the accounting and CRM system.
- Highlight any potential risk of financial losses
- Manage the production of reports on the financial health of the business to the Board;
- Manage related department projects that require financial assistance and planning;
- Manage meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.