Associate Principals (AP) are most senior member who deal with day to day complex client issues and demands. Our associate principals are subject matter expert in certain areas of their domain. For areas which do not yet fully qualify as subject matter expert they refer to the Principal of the team they work in.
The Principal will set training and development goals for all staff and you will have to ensure delivery as on the job training and coaching.
You will have to train and coach staffs in order to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to.
All work delivered will be accurate, well-presented and meet quality standards.
You will have to work closely with the Principal having varying areas of expertise (accounting and corporate secretarial) in order to provide the best possible solutions to our clusters’ clients and ensure our people receive the training that best covers their needs. You will also be actively involved as a support to the Principal for management reporting.
The role holder has one reporting relationship:
- To Principal (task assignment / planning of work / staff matters / content and quality of work / contacts and relationship / core business processes)
- Maintain the up to date status of all work in the planning system, raising issues with the reporting line when work cannot be executed as planned and highlighting where changes may be needed in planning assumptions
- Ensure all work prepared for clusters is accurate and error free and always meets quality standards
- Use their knowledge and experience to decide when to escalate an issue, using every situation as an opportunity to learn
- Demonstrate ownership of their own development, highlighting when additional support and development is required
- Prepare and execute task that cannot be handled by other less experienced team members.
- To be well versed with corporate administration and compliance task.
- Develop team strengths and improve weaknesses. Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Identify team goals, evaluate team progress, monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Effective and fair delegation of tasks and set deadlines
- Identify training needs, develop training plan and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking, recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Active participation in team building activities
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- To ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU.