For our growing international portfolio of clients, in a Client Facing role we are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant Manager to give guidance,operational skills to the international accounting team and the clients.
The role of this Principal is to share expertise in the accounting / tax area. This puts the principal in the position where he/she guards over internal and external processes and procedures and central point for all such matters, in relationship to the to be performed accounting / tax area for an international portfolio of clients (for mainly worldwide investments in Belgium from all over the world). Involved clients can be corporate clients, private clients as well as institutional clients.
Principals are our most senior people within IQ-EQ who are the guardians of the work we do for our clients. They keep an overview on complex transactions from a tax, legal or accounting perspective. Our principals combine being a subject matter expert, with the training and coaching of staff. At the same time they ensure that what we deliver to our clients meets our exceptional quality standards.
To summarize: the Principal is highly flexible, mainly self steering and versatile and is deployed there where his/her skills, experience and competencies are best applied.
· Act as counsel (accounting / tax) for client company management (corporate and fund services) and upon request by the local board of directors for IQ-EQ BE management itself. Actual external advice is not allowed;
· Do complex work (generating most value for the firm), handle disputes and (accounting / tax) cases;
· Improve quality and reduce liabilities within the field;
· Liaison with the other staff, Client Service Directors, Compliance, and management. Ensures the network with other domains;
· Set methodologies, standards and guidelines (including director’s guidelines) and ensures that methodologies, standards and new regulations are applied and rolled out within the Accounting Department;
· Make suggestions for procedure improvements and (further) develop relevant templates (on the job);
· Make a year plan and drafts quarterly and monthly programs;
· Determine the training and development framework in the field. Shares best practices;
· Training and coaching of staff on the job such that their skills further develop by reviewing their work and giving input for learning. The training of such staff will always be part of a plan agreed upfront with the Client Service Director; and
· Compliance, risk policies and protocols are adhered to for all client work and deficiencies are repaired and/or escalated without delay.