The compliance function is responsible to prevent, detect and respond to compliance, regulatory and ML/TF risks faced by Clients of IQ EQ Shared Services Ltd (“IQEQ”), in line with the relevant AML/CFT Framework.
The Associate Principals (AP) are most senior people who deal with day to day complex client issues and demands. Our associate principals are subject matter expert in certain areas of their domain.
The AP trains and coaches staffs in order to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to. The AP flags up training and skills development needs for staff to the Principal to ensure this is dealt with at the earliest possible opportunity.
The job holder ensures that the services delivered to clients meet IQEQ’s exceptional quality standards. For the clients assigned, the role of the AP is to have a deep understanding of these clients’ ongoing business and the structure’s goals. IQEQ’s organisational structure allows the AP to focus on their core client delivery responsibility.
The AP will review the work of their subordinates (which includes but not limited to; files review, due diligence in terms of client on boarding, FATCA/CRS, designing of the KYC Framework and other compliance requirement to clients based in multi jurisdictions) and ensure protections of information assets of IQ EQ Shared Services Ltd and abide by the ISMS in place.
- Oversee and manage the day to day activities of the Compliance team.
Client operational relationship
- Core operational process
- GoTo for client operational matters
- In depth client knowledge
Training and coaching of staffs on the job to further develop their skills by reviewing their work and giving feedback for learning. The role holder also supports and provides input to the appraisal of staffs. Reviews include the following:
- KYC review on entities based in multi jurisdiction
- Liaising with business department with regards to KYC requirements for client on boarding
- Providing report with gap analysis and propose remedial actions for validation
- Verification of adequacy of documents required from KYC perspective for a client to maintain accounts
- Analysing account opening documents with a view to identify any inconsistencies for new clients
- FATCA and CRS compliance for client based in multi jurisdiction
- Consolidation and reporting of stats on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that new methodologies, standards, new regulations, the correct use of software, are applied.
- Ensure that work delivered for clients is compliant with IQEQ’s compliance manuals, and the regulatory framework of the relevant jurisdictions.
- Prepare training material and deliver training to relevant stakeholders, as well as presentations to potential clients.
- Collaborate with Management to develop action plans that aim at increasing compliance adherence.
- To provide support in identifying, analysing and disseminating the latest global regulatory information.
- To ensure protections of information assets of IQEQ and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQEQ.