Our IT team partners with the business to support technology solutions that address the current challenges and future needs of the enterprise to give the digital edge to IQEQ clients.
We strive to be a leading-edge IT organization with innovative and dedicated people who focus on customer satisfaction, execution, and delivery of first-class services. Desktop Support Engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, perform software deployments and migrations, host management, and automate routine operational tasks.
You will possess a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills and includes a mix of on-call operational tasks and day-to-day technical support. You are pro-active, have a can-do attitude, and think about solutions.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you understand the business impact of support decisions. You drive the team to improve operational efficiency for all services through the identification and development of SLAs, metrics, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation.
- Primary escalation point for the Central Service Desk regarding issues and requests: locally and within the other jurisdictions under your responsibility
- Management of incidents and Service requests escalated by the Central Service Desk
- Manage and maintain all hardware: locally and within the other jurisdictions
- Taking ownership of local support incidents and service requests
- Updating and maintaining tickets within the service management toolset
- Categorize and prioritize tickets according to service management processes
- Assist with the installation, configuration, patching and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software (incl. Tracking of hardware inventory).
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Travel to different locations to support our business units, namely: Belgium and Switzerland.