The Head of Depositary is our most senior person within the Operations Department, is the guardian of the regulatory work we perform for our clients and is responsible for the overall performance management of the people in the Depositary team.
He/she will keep an overview of complex client files from a legal, financial, tax, and compliance perspective. Our Head of Depositary is responsible for the management and training of the staff in the team in order to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to. At the same time, he/she ensures that what we deliver to our clients meets exceptional quality standards in accordance with our depositary obligations.
He/she is responsible for the quality of the work, on time in full (OTIF) delivery and compliance, and will have full Profit & Loss responsibility for the team. He/she will promote a positive work culture that promotes empowerment and entrepreneurialism
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Supervision of the activity and transactions of regulated AIFs and AIFM’s.
- Responsible for successful onboarding, including negotiation of terms and conditions and drafting operating memos.
- Collecting and reviewing relevant transactional documents and ensuring ownership chain.
- Oversight on Cash flows monitoring and oversight duties as Depositary.
- Maintenance of relevant records and issuance of related reports.
- Oversight on the preparation of quarterly risk management reporting.
- Relationship with clients, internal and external service providers.
- Supervision on completeness of all NAV checks including the investment compliance tasks.
- As Head of Depositary, he/she has the full responsibility for the Client Service Managers, Reviewers, and all other staff in the team both for quality, client contact, and process compliance. In addition, he/she is responsible for task assignment and planning of staff. He/she ensures that the client’s expectations are met and identify additional value-added services and revenue/efficiency opportunities.
- Oversee the smooth running of and effectiveness of the Depositary team and mandatory activities and arrange for on-time in full delivery of services to clients.
- Performance management and people development to meet their career goals and the IQ-EQ organization goals. Arrange regular check-ins (Everyday Conversations) with individual direct reports to talk about the staff’s performance, development, or career.
- Reduce absenteeism, prevent staff turnover to assure continuity and actively engage in recruitment.
- Compliance, risk policies, and protocols are adhered to for all client work and deficiencies are repaired and/or escalated without delay.
- Ensure that methodologies and standards as a set are applied and rolled out within the team as well as in compliance with IQ-EQ’s compliance manual, compliance departments, and the local regulatory framework.