Leadership and Stewardship
- Lead overall commercial activity and service delivery for the Private Wealth segment in Singapore
- A member of local Singapore management team together with wider Private Wealth leadership in the region and globally, add value to the Singapore cluster and private wealth segment line strategy and jurisdictional delivery through a sound understanding of what the other teams and functions deliver and vice versa
- As the Singapore private wealth senior representative, sit on the firm’s global Private Wealth committee (“Wealth FC”) alongside private wealth leader(s) from the Asia region and around the world
- Promote the private wealth offering in Singapore internally with colleagues from other segments as well as externally with local intermediaries/feeders such as lawyers, accountants, family offices etc.
- Provide client relationship management and act as a liason between clients and IQ-EQ private wealth service provider in clusters globally and help ensure an excellent quality of service, consistency and support for the private wealth segment’s organic growth objectives for Singapore, whilst also ensuring where appropriate fiduciary oversight, operational excellence, mind/management etc of the clients’ fiduciary structures.
- Act as a role model to further drive a culture which supports the Group Values and ensure engagement of all local connected staff to deliver excellent client service
- Role will focus primarily on both (a) attracting new clients, thought leadership and market eminence, in Singapore and region, and (b) oversee, manage and lead delivery of the local Singapore private wealth offering.
- Collaborative teaming and good relationships internally within Singapore with colleagues in other segments and functions as well as with the Regional Head of Private Wealth and other private wealth directors in other clusters.
- Responsible for ensuring the career aspirations and development needs of any future direct reports is managed by holding effective “Everyday Conversations”
- Act as a role model through effective positive leadership behaviours to engender an environment of teamwork and collaboration, demonstrating drive, passion, positivity towards change, teamwork, and a clear focus and commitment in driving and achieving the Group’s vision and strategic goals
- Manage staff in future on a regular basis to monitor and realise achievement of business goals by ensuring appropriate allocation of clients across all staff members within the function
- Pro-actively manage own development, encompassing both technical and leadership requirements to a level appropriate to role that supports the Group Values
- Motivate all staff connected to clients under RM and ensure they are fully aware of the clients’ strategic objectives and have in place their own personal objectives which are aligned to ensure successful achievement and delivery of goals
- Meet or exceed key financial and non-financial targets, with a particular focus and emphasis on maximising top line revenue growth with focus on new revenue from new clients and growth of revenue from existing client base whilst minimising client attrition.
- Oversee other relevant Singapore Private Wealth segment KPIs to deliver the targets within own segment/functional area for revenue, utilisation, recoverability, EBITDA margin, and cash collection.
Commercial, CRM & BD
- Actively develop new client leads and business opportunities to support the strategic and commercial business development targets and income streams emanating out of Singapore
- Responsible for implementing a detailed new personal business development plan, focused on delivering the strategic goals of the business in respect of new client income
- Management and oversight of a new business pipeline for Private Wealth in Singapore
- Responsible for ensuring relevant staff meet their commercial objectives and targets where relevant and appropriate
- Act as the key point of client contact for all key material client relationships, coordinating the team(s) in Singapore in respect of client deliverables, deadline management and the overall quality of all deliverables
- Maintain strong relationships with the clients and look at opportunities to cultivate additional segment line and cross-selling income streams
- Ensure that new business opportunities are actively followed up and that fee quotes are competitive and commercial in order that risk versus return considerations are managed effectively
- Ensure local team conducts regular and on-going reviews of any uncommercial fee arrangements within the Client Portfolio. Seek to improve profitability of all client relationships.
- Develop and manage your own, as well as work closely with colleagues to develop and implement their, intermediary and client visit plans and report on progress
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders, clients regulatory bodies and other professional intermediaries and contacts
- Undertake client visits to ensure that robust client relationships are maintained and developed with a view to cultivating new sale of service opportunities from the existing client portfolio
Risk, Compliance & Operational
- Contribute to initiatives to improve processes that drive operational excellence
- Help ensure that risk management processes are embedded in the culture, operations and systems used by all segment employees, driving and exemplifying adherence to agreed policies, procedures and applicable regulation
- Proactively participate in the promotion of a constructive "pro-compliance" culture at both local and Group level
- Identify and implement improvements to client service delivery where possible
- Actively monitor and identify the strengths and weaknesses of current service delivery and implement effective actions, which deepen the client relationship.
- As a Private Wealth subject matter expert, ensure successful implementation of changes which improve operational practices
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures and agreed operational and control processes
- Use own judgement to bring to the attention of (senior) management any issues which feel appropriate, in particular ensuring that concerns and identified risks are reported in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain up-to-date information on developments in the regulatory environment that affect the business