As 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer, you are an escalation point for our colleagues on the service desk. With a “team first” focus, the business relies on our expert Engineers to provide first class support services to resolve issues and fulfil customer requests in a timely and professional manner.
Our IT function partners with the business to support technology solutions that address current challenges and future needs of the enterprise to give digital edge to IQEQ clients. We strive to be a leading-edge IT organization with innovative and dedicated people who focus on customer satisfaction, execution and delivery of first-class services.
This position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical, communication and customer service skills.
What to expect day to day
- Liaise closely with other members of the Central Service Desk Team to ensure knowledge and expertise is shared effectively
- Work with the Shift Leader to create/review regular reports to identify incident trends and deliver work plans to resolve
- Assist the Shift Leader on escalating Major Incidents and following this through to its conclusion
- Assist with the installation, configuration, patching and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software (incl. Tracking of hardware inventory)
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Work with vendor support contracts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Provide support as part of a rotating shift schedule: 8.00am-4.00pm and 11.00am-7.00pm
- Provide cover out of hours and at weekends as required