Financial Reporting Specialists (“FRS”) operate in our Financial Statements production unit out of South Africa. FRS deal with the preparation of our clients’ financial statements. They obtain the data from the Excel supporting workbooks and transfer the data to the Word based financial statements. The FRS is also responsible for formatting the financial statements to ensure our clients receive a high quality product. The FRS also performs a high level review of the financial statements for spelling errors, grammar, casting, tie-in etc.
The FRS will also be responsible for certain administrative tasks for the SA office, e.g. receptionists, PA, office manager etc.
· Ensure the financial statements that we deliver to our clients meet our exceptional quality standards.
· For the projects assigned, the role of the FRS is to have a deep understanding of our clients’ reporting requirements and the applicable financial reporting framework.
· The FRS is tasked on every engagement to improve efficiency and product quality to ensure we add value to our clients on every annual engagement.
· Ensure office is managed properly and assist directors and team with general administrative tasks.
· Client operational relationship
o Report matters to the Director that could harm client relationships
· Financial Statements delivery
o In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, possibly Powerpoint as well
o Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
o High quality financial statements complying with the reporting framework
o High quality financial statements in terms of formatting
o High level review of the financial statements and highlight any issues to the team
o Perform spelling and grammar checks
o Ensure primary statements tie in to each other
o Ensure casting is accurate
o Ensure notes tie into the primary statements
· Core operational processes
· The behaviors and manners in which the FRS works together in dealing with the ambiguities of the job and the organizational structure, in which everyone has two reporting lines, is critical and a key element of their appraisal.
· Ensure that new methodologies, standards, new regulations, the correct use of software, are applied.
· Ensure that work delivered for clients is compliant with IQEQ’s compliance manuals, and the applicable regulatory framework.
· Our new organisation is strongly process driven. The FRS has a special role in following the core business processes as defined and help improving such processes on an ongoing basis.
· Work closely together with the Directors and Managers that all client deadlines and milestones are met as per the plan.
· Work together with the Directors and Managers to ensure the planning assumptions and input are correct.
· Ensure that all work meets financial reporting framework standards and report non-compliance as appropriate.
Ensure protection of information assets of IQ-EQ South Africa and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ South Africa.