Leadership and Financial
- Supports the execution of the Private Wealth segment within North Asia, in alignment with the Asian Private Wealth strategy.
- A key member of the Hong Kong office and Private Wealth segment across Asia, adds value to the jurisdictional delivery, through a sound understanding of what the other teams and segments deliver and vice versa.
- Provide client management support to Head of Private Wealth Asia to ensure an excellent quality of service, consistency and support the private wealth segment's organic growth objectives for the region
- Support a culture of shared knowledge and responsibility within the team(s) and take responsibility for all allocated client relationships
- Pro-actively manage own development, encompassing both technical and leadership requirements to a level appropriate to role that supports the Group Values
- Meet or exceed key financial and non-financial targets, maximizing revenues whilst retaining focus on cost efficiency
- Deliver the targets within own segment/functional area for sales and BD expectations
Commercial, CRM & Business Development
- Actively develop new client leads and business opportunities to support the strategic and commercial business development targets and income streams and maintain the private wealth pipeline generally for the region
- Responsible for implementing a detailed new business development plan to support the Head of Private Wealth Asia, focused on delivering the strategic goals of the business in respect of new client income
- Act as the key point of client contact for allocated relationships, with support /development for client proposals and deliverables, meeting deadline management and the overall quality of all deliverables that are assigned.
- Maintain strong relationships with the clients and look at opportunities to cultivate additional segment and cross-selling income streams
- Ensure that new business opportunities are actively followed up and that fee quotes are competitive and commercial in order that risk versus return considerations are managed effectively
- Work closely with colleagues across all locations to develop and implement intermediary and client visit plans and report on progress
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, client’s regulatory bodies and other professional intermediaries and contacts to ensure that staff understand and are able to respond appropriately to developments as they arise
- Undertake client visits to ensure that robust client relationships are maintained and developed with a view to cultivating new sale of service opportunities from the existing client portfolio
Risk, Compliance & Operational
- Contribute to initiatives (as led by line manager) to improve processes to drive operational excellence
- Ensure that risk management processes are followed in the culture, operations and systems used ensuring adherence to agreed policies, procedures and applicable regulation at all times
- Identify and implement improvements to client service delivery where agreed
- Actively monitor and identify the strengths and weaknesses of current service delivery and implement effective actions, which deepen the client relationship.
- Deliver agreed standards for client service and monitor performance on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures and agreed operational and control processes
- Use your own judgement to bring to the attention of (senior) management any issues which you feel appropriate, in particular ensuring that concerns and identified risks are reported in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure that risk management processes are followed as instructed by management
- Proactively, maintain up-to-date information on developments in the regulatory environment that affect the business and ensure compliance at all times
Is a fluent mandarin speaker with knowledge and experience gained from working with families / clients from the PRC; Ideally trained in law in the US or Europe and has now returned and is living in Hong Kong