This role will lead the Philippines finance team, across several jurisdictions globally. This is coupled with a significant group wide outsourcing initiative, to transfer more work to our Manila office.
Therefore, a dynamic and adaptive individual is sought to lead the finance team through this period of change, and into the future.
Responsibilities (how we will measure success)
The Finance Business Partner will manage the day to day accounting function for the IQEQ Group of companies. This will include ensuring best practice is maintained across the team, as well as ensuring that all reporting and filing requirements are met across the Group companies.
The Finance Business Partner will also be the first point of contact for all financial matters in the Philippines. They will act as a business partner to the wider Philippines business, including management of the annual budgeting process, production and presentation of high-quality monthly management information and analysis to aid the development and growth of the business. They will be supported in this by the Philippines Financial Reporting Accountant and Financial Operations Team but are expected to be immersed in the detail.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Manage a finance team of 5 Financial Operations accountants, and one PH Financial Reporting accountant, ensuring the team are motivated, following best practices, and delivering to key group and reporting deadlines;
- Ability to adapt and manage a team through a period of significant change in the business, ensuring that the team remains fit for the future and can effectively meet the business’ needs;
- Key finance contact in the Philippines, managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders (for example Department heads, Auditors, key vendors, Regional Finance Directors etc.)
Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Issue timely and accurate Management Information to all stakeholders (for example Regional Finance Directors, Board, Department & Country Heads) including detailed and meaningful variance analysis against comparative and budgets;
- Recommend and monitor benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations;
- Provide ad-hoc financial analyses, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations;
- Review Financial Statements, Sales Tax/ VAT/ Corporation Tax Returns / local PH PEZA requirements and all other external returns and filings produced by the in-house finance team, alongside ensuring all relevant reporting requirements and tax filings are complied with. Responsible for then ensuring filings are made with the relevant authorities in each jurisdiction;
- Coordinate and deliver the annual and interim external audit process across group companies;
- Manage cashflow across the IQEQ Group entities,
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Lead the preparation and implementation of –
- the annual budgeting exercise for the Philippines;
- cost centre reporting;
- Review and/or provide inputs to the design of the rolling forecasts that will eventually be produced and presented on a monthly basis;
- Manage the production of reports on the financial health of the business to the Board;
- Manage related department projects that require financial assistance and planning;
- Manage meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
Key behaviours and competencies we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· Ability to manage and motivate a team, providing mentoring and training as appropriate;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, when interacting with colleagues and external stakeholders;
· Ability to manage and influence stakeholders at all levels across the business;
· Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to spot trends, work in a consistent manner and introduce service improvements and efficiencies;
· Ability to handle multiple challenging tasks with conflicting deadlines;
· Ability to analyse and interpret data, providing concise explanation on trends and variances as appropriate;
· The capacity to manage resource and time requirements through effective prioritisation and use of resources.
· Strong presentation skills to both internal and external stakeholders.