As the IT Manager, you will manage the function that troubleshoots, debugs, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks. The position requires a combination of strong team management, mentoring for troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on-call operational management and day-to-day technology support.
As the IT Manager, you will understand the business impact and risk of support requests and use this to make appropriate decisions. You will drive the team to improve operational efficiency for all services through the identification and development of SLAs, metrics / KPI’s, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation.
In addition, you will have oversight of the other Local Support and Service Delivery managers to ensure a holistic and fit-for purpose S&S operational team for the company, through service review, monitoring and continual improvement.
· Own IT processes for in office customer experience
· Own senior business management relations and manage senior business stakeholder’s expectations.
· Evaluate risk for support activities and ensure appropriate actions are taken to ensure service delivery
· Act as a third point of escalation for service issues (after Central service desk and before business partners). First point of escalation for VIP issues.
· Manage team of support engineers
· Ensure resources are allocated effectively to deliver workloads
· Mentor/Coach team across technical and non-technical skills
· Create an engaging, open and collaborative culture within the team
· Oversee day-to-day operations for the function
· Monitor and report on team performance, escalate where appropriate to peers or management
· Delegate tasks and set achievable deadlines
o Perform root cause analysis to increase system availability
o Categorise and priorities tickets according to service management processes
· Network, platform and Security Monitoring
· Prompt escalation of tickets to Infrastructure engineers
· Prompt, create, or assist in the creation of articles for the Knowledge Base
· Communicate experience and knowledge to other members of the Global IT function to assist support availability
· Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software. Own appropriate contracts for in office technology and data connectivity
· Deliver local infrastructure projects/ as required (including office moves, small M&A integrations).
· Use reporting techniques to identify trends, patterns and opportunities to improve the service we deliver.
· Provide on-call support when required.
· Own local application technical support
· Manage to budgets
· Work with Business Partners for Service Improvement Plans, Central Service Desk and L3 teams to ensure close co-operation and avoid competing service delivery
· Experience of managing a team of technical support engineers
· Troubleshooting and resolving local customer and IT office infrastructure issues
Key competencies for position and level
· Customer Focus – Building strong relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
· Action Orientated – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
· Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritising work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals
· Resourcefulness – Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
· Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
· Builds effective teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· Customer focus
· Team work